Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with information, products and services, HCT may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– Mailing Address
– E-mail Address
– Phone Number
If you become an HCT member or make a donation, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase, membership or donation transaction and is not stored by HCT.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) signing up for special offers from HCT or third party partners; (c) sending us an email message; (d) submitting your credit card or other payment information when donating, ordering or purchasing. For example, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to donations or services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
HCT collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the offerings you have requested or to facilitate memberships or donations.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
HCT does not sell, rent or lease its subscriber, member or donor information to third parties.
HCT may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you an email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to HCT, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
HCT may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on HCT or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of HCT; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of HCT, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by HCT. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the HCT website.
Security of your Personal Information
HCT secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. HCT uses the following methods for this purpose: SSL Protocol via WordPress.
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
HCT does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, HCT may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from HCT, you may opt out of such communications by Users may unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
HCT welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that HCT has not adhered to this Statement, please contact HCT at:
Harvard Conservation Trust
102 Prospect Hill Road
Harvard, Massachusetts 01451
Harvard Conservation Trust
P.O. Box 31
Harvard, Massachusetts 01451
Effective as of January 01, 2022